Panda Guides China is the most in-depth travel guide on the market. Written by a team of expats who share their insider knowledge on the coolest tourist attractions, hippest bars and tastiest restaurants around, along with comprehensive information about everything from Beijing's Great Wall, Xinjiang's Silk Road and Yunnan's Ethnic Villages, to many other lesser-known hidden gems, Panda Guides helps you travel better and cheaper than ever before. Don't just travel like a tourist, live like a local and follow the Panda!
Inside Panda Guides China
• Full-color pictures and mini maps
• Sample itineraries to help you get around town to your favorite sites
• Orange Boxes with insider tips and additional information about life on the ground
• Easy to use Vital Info for major sites, featuring hours of operation, phone number, website, transport, prices and everything else you need to know
• Panda Partner discounts that allow you to save cash and get free stuff
• Non-biased expert reviews for our favorite eating, sleeping, drinking, shopping, and other offbeat places
• Cantonese Phrasebook to get you speaking like a pro and translations for every important site
• Extensive Overview that gives you the low down on history, culture, language, holidays, weather, art, literature, film, music, architecture, economics and politics
• Four pull-out maps for Beijing (590 mm × 700 mm), Shanghai (590 mm × 700 mm), Hong Kong (590 mm × 700 mm) and China (1,000 mm × 700 mm)
• Hot Topics to provide you with the gritty details of real life in Hong Kong – everything you need to know about pollution, traveling with kids, scams, taboos and etiquette, food and water safety, telephone and internet access, smart-phone apps, and more!
• Coverage of every province in China: Anhui, Beijing, Chongqing, Fujian, Gansu, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Hainan, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Inner Mongolia, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Jilin, Liaoning, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanghai, Shanxi, Sichuan, Tianjin, Tibet, Xinjiang, Yunnan and Zhejiang, along with Taiwan, Macau and Hong Kong!